Education & Experience:
Company Environment: Landwehr Construction, Inc. is a fifth-generation company with its original start in 1895. Landwehr Construction, Inc. is a diverse construction company focusing in areas including, but not limited to, demolition, box culverts, highway heavy, utility, crane rental, energy and helical piers. Landwehr Construction, Inc. employs both union and non-union staff and works primarily in Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Wisconsin and Iowa.
This position will be a union role and dispatched out of the St. Cloud corporate office. Majority of work is performed outdoors. Job site locations as well as start and end times vary based upon customer demand.
Major Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ability to operate all models of mobile, telescopic, truck mounted/boom truck, rough terrain, and crawler cranes.
- Basic knowledge of rigging procedures to ensure safety during heavy lifts.
- Strong understanding of crane functions and limitations, assembly and disassembly procedures.
- Observe load hookup to determine safety of load.
- Proficiently manipulate or depress crane controls such as pedals, levers and buttons to regulate speed and direction of crane and hoist movement.
- Basic knowledge of hoisting attachments such as hooks, slings, electromagnets and buckets to meet load requirements.
- Daily maintenance of crane and hoisting mechanism.
- Inspect crane for defective parts and notifies supervisor of defects or malfunctions.
- Utilizes computer technology to maximize productivity and safety.
- Ability to understand radio, verbal, and hand signals.
- Ability to climb and work at high elevations while maintaining all safety standards.
- Knowledge of rigging, safety, crane capabilities and capacities and general working knowledge of various job sites.
- Maintain control of all functions such as hoist, 2-line, swing, and boom motions simultaneously while in close quarters.
- Ability to lift, move or carry up to 50 pounds.
- Valid Class A driver’s license and medical card.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Willingness to travel overnight at times.
Character Attributes/Behavioral Expectations:
- Always place safety as the top priority.
- Must be a team player.
- Demonstrated commitment to ethics and integrity.
- Promote positive employee relations and treat all employees with dignity and respect.
- Open, honest and consistent communicator providing timely information for the good of the organization.
- Must be able to display a professional manner when dealing with fellow crew members, customers and outside agencies at all times.
Landwehr Construction is an equal opportunity employer. Women, minorities and disabled persons are encouraged to apply.