Job Title: Estimator/Project Manager- Renewables
Exemption Status: Exempt
Authorization/Supervision: VP Cranes
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in construction management, engineering or renewable curriculum or equivalent experience.
Experience: 5 years of construction-related experience required. A minimum of one year of supervisory experience required.
Objective: To produce meaningful estimates of project cost, provide management oversight of those projects through completion, and to promote a culture of success through peer/employee collaboration and recognition.
Nature and Scope
Company Environment: Landwehr Construction, Inc. is a fifth-generation company with its original start in 1895. Landwehr Construction, Inc. is a diverse construction company focusing in areas including, but not limited to, crane & rigging, demolition, environmental remediation, highway heavy, machinery moving, renewable energy, sitework & utilities, and wetlands specialty. Landwehr Construction, Inc. employs both union and non-union staff and works primarily in the Midwest Region.
Job Environment: This position will require time being spent both in the office and in the field bidding and managing renewable projects. The Project Manager will interact on a day-to-day basis with customers, the management team, and the project workforce. This is a deadline-oriented role, where time requirements fluctuate according to work volume. Some travel will be required as dictated by the project opportunities. The Project Manager position is a full time, year-round position.
Relationships/Management: The position will interact with all levels of personnel within the company including union and non-union employees, administration, other department managers and support personnel, and will interact with external sources such as engineers, subcontractors, vendors, unions, and governmental entities.
Major Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Estimator/Project Manager – Renewables:
- Provide leadership to always ensure safe work practices while promoting a strong culture of safety throughout the company.
- Maintain good working relationships with all relevant Union locals.
- Ability to estimate, bid, and negotiate successfully to secure work for the company.
- Create opportunities for the company to be successful through the development of industry relationships and market insight.
- Stay abreast of trends and developments such as new equipment, materials, technology, safety and methods and procedures developing in the crane/renewable energy industry.
- Monitor and maintain margin levels on each project.
- Provide accurate and complete details to the dispatch and field personnel of all project work required to ensure efficient operations and to meet customer expectations.
- Manage and direct field personnel by providing dynamic communication, coordination and follow-up to meet project goals and objectives.
- Ensure timeliness and accuracy of job reporting and controls such as; payroll, invoicing, and payables.
- Ensures compliance within ISO 9001 and 45001 standards within the Wind division to ensure continued certification.
- Identify and secure necessary approvals for all changes in project scope, budget, and schedule.
- Establish and maintain working relationships with owners, agencies, subcontractors, and engineers to provide world class customer service and develop long-term partnerships with client base.
- Ensure all work performed is consistent with industry standards, done in accordance with good engineering practice, meets or exceeds the company quality standards, and compliant with all legal and environmental codes.
- Promote positive employee relations and treat all personnel with dignity and respect.
- Open, honest, and consistent communication, providing timely information for the good of the company.
Character attributes/behavioral expectations/prior experiences:
- Always place safety as the #1 priority.
- Must be a team player.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office products including Excel and Word.
- Ability to become proficient in HCSS and other project management software.
- Demonstrated commitment to ethics and integrity.
- Present a professional manner when dealing with staff, customers, and outside agencies at all times.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks and manage own time efficiently and effectively.
- Must be willing to accept and adapt to change and a fast-paced environment.
- Must be willing to give and take directions as needed.
- Must be an independent thinker.
- Ability to teach, mentor and lead.
- Must be organized, detail-oriented, and have strong written and verbal communication skills and available to assist those requesting project help.
- Valid driver’s license.