If It Involves Construction, It Involves Landwehr.
Landwehr Construction, Inc. is in search of an experienced Estimator/Project Manager to estimate and prepare detailed bids, and work on all aspects of the pre-construction/construction process. Ideal candidate must be well versed in construction procedures and practices, have great organizational skills, ability to meet bid deadlines according to exact specifications and have strong interpersonal and communication skills.
Landwehr Construction, Inc. is a fifth-generation company with its original start in 1895. Landwehr is a diverse construction company focusing in areas including, but not limited to, demolition, box culverts, highway heavy, utility, crane rental, energy and helical piers. Landwehr employs both union and non-union staff and works primarily in Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Wisconsin and Iowa.
Some travel will be required as dictated by the project opportunities. The Estimator/Project Manager position is a full time, year-round position.
Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management, Engineering or related field, or an equivalent combination of training and proven experience.
5 years of construction-related experience or equivalent. Field experience is a plus.
- Must be a team player and promote a collaborative work environment.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office products including Excel, Word and Outlook, and knowledge of estimating program.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be organized, detail-oriented, and have the ability to manage multiple projects and competing demands
- Must have a Valid driver’s license
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ability to develop a complete and detailed estimate of project cost through a thorough review of project plans, specifications, job site conditions, historical data, and input from field operations.
- Create opportunities for the Company to be successful through the development of industry relationships, and market insight.
- Working knowledge of construction-related software to include estimating, scheduling, job cost, and takeoff applications.
- Lead the communication of estimate information to field operations at internal preconstruction meetings to ensure understanding of scope and critical means and methods of construction.
- Manage and direct project teams by providing dynamic communication, coordination and follow-up to meet project goals and objectives, ensure understanding of project scope, and to ensure that project schedules and budgets are clearly defined and understood.
- Provide leadership to ensure safe work practices at all times while promoting a strong culture of safety throughout the organization.
- Ensure timeliness and accuracy of job reporting and controls such as; payroll, equipment utilization, materials, and completed quantities.
- Establish and maintain working relationships with owners, agencies, subcontractors, and engineers providing world class customer service and developing long-term partnerships with client base.
This job description is not intended to represent a complete, comprehensive list of all duties and responsibilities that may be required in this position.
Landwehr Construction offers competitive wages, medical, dental & vision benefits, HSA, Flexible Spending Plans, Company paid life insurance, voluntary life insurance and 401(k). Salary will commensurate with experience.