Job Title: Wireless/Renewable Field Lead
Exemption Status: Non-Exempt
Authorization/Supervision: Estimator/Project Manager- Renewables
Indirect Supervisor: VP Cranes
Date: September 12, 2022
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent required
Experience: 3 years of construction-related experience in civil construction industry
Objective: To provide timely and cost-effective service, managing and performing construction tasks that allow for the timely completion of each project.
Nature and Scope
Company Environment: Landwehr Construction, Inc. is a fifth-generation company with its original start in 1895. Landwehr Construction, Inc. is a diverse construction company focusing in areas including, but not limited to, demolition, box culverts, highway heavy, utility, crane rental, energy, and helical piers. Landwehr Construction, Inc. employs both union and non-union staff and works primarily in the Midwest region.
Job Environment: This position will require both limited office time and field time throughout the year including out of state travel as necessary. The position will interact on a day-to-day basis with the estimators/project managers, and field personnel. The Wireless/Renewable Field Lead position is a full time, year-round position.
Relationships/Management: The position will interact with all levels of personnel within the company including union and non-union employees, administration, other department managers and support personnel, and will interact with external sources such as subcontractors, vendors, and governmental entities. This position will also interact with members of the community to grow relationships and networks.
Major Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Wireless/Renewable Field Lead:
- Promotes a strong culture of safety throughout the organization.
- Assist route improvement specialist with projects as needed and as directed
- Oversee small crew or subcontractor’s quality and timeliness of work.
- Manage and perform projects from start to finish. Including but not limited to building forms, setting forms, pouring & finishing concrete, excavation, preconstruction site visits, operating equipment, and hand power tools
- Be able to read, understand and follow project plans and blueprints
- Some of the required skill and qualifications include physical fitness and stamina, must be able to perform physical labor and be able to lift up to 50 pounds
- Work with project managers to ensure on-time and on-budget completion of projects.
- Develop and maintain relationships with customers necessary to accomplish each project.
- Troubleshoot and problem solve situations that occur throughout the workday.
- Utilize industry best practices, techniques, and standards throughout entire project execution.
- Monitor progress and adjust as needed.
- Measure project performance to identify areas for improvement.
- Other duties as assigned.
Character attributes/behavioral expectations/prior experiences:
- Ideal candidate will have some civil and construction experience, including some leadership experience.
- Must be willing and able to travel out of town on a regular basis
- Requires a valid driver’s license with a clean driving record.
- Must be a positive team player.
- Must have excellent communication skills
- Promotes positive employee relations and treats all employees with dignity and respect.
- Open, honest, and consistent communicator.
- Must be able to display a professional manner when dealing with your peers, staff, customers, and vendors at all times.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks and manage own time efficiently.
- Must be willing to accept and adapt to change and a fast-paced environment.
- Needs to be able to take and give directions from and to others.
- Must be an independent thinker.
- Must be organized, meet deadlines, and communicate with those requesting project help.