Job Title: Yard Associate/Field Support
Exemption Status: Non-Exempt, Non-Union
Authorization/Supervision: Yard Supervisor/ General Superintendent
Education: High School Diploma, or equivalent. Post high school education related to this construction field.
Experience: One year of experience in construction or related industry.
Objective: To assist and work with the Yard Supervisor to ensure inventory management and to provide field support to all crews.
Nature and Scope
Company Environment: Landwehr Construction, Inc. is a fifth-generation company with its original start in 1895. Landwehr Construction, Inc. is a diverse construction company focusing in areas including, but not limited to, crane & rigging, demolition, environmental remediation, highway heavy, machinery moving, renewable energy, sitework & utilities, and wetlands specialty. Landwehr Construction, Inc. employs both union and non-union staff and works primarily in the Midwest Region.
Job Environment: This position will require time being spent primarily in an outdoor environment but may require an individual to work in an office setting. This position will interact on a day-to-day basis with all levels of personnel within the company including union and non-union employees, administration, other department managers, project managers and support personnel, and will interact with external sources such as trucking companies and fuel suppliers. This is a full-time year-round position. This position may occasionally be required to respond to situations outside of business hours.
Relationships/Management: The position will interact with all levels of personnel within the company including union and non-union employees, other department managers, support personnel and be able to develop effective rapport with the vendor community.
Major Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Promotes a strong culture of safety throughout the organization.
- Delivering parts and equipment to job sites.
- General labor work.
- Basic maintenance.
- Assist with securing equipment and small tool rentals as needed.
- Troubleshoot and problem solve situations that occur throughout the work day.
- Receive/verify and maintain inventory of various small tools/supplies, and miscellaneous construction materials.
- Maintain yard in an orderly fashion.
- Operate heavy equipment as needed.
- Assist with snow removal operations.
Character attributes/behavioral expectations/prior experiences:
- Must be a team player.
- Must have excellent communication skills.
- Has an interest in civil construction and is eager to learn.
- Open, honest, and consistent communicator.
- Must be able to display a professional manner when dealing with your peers, customers, and vendors at all times.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks and manage own time efficiently.
- Must be willing to accept and adapt to change and a fast-paced environment.
- Needs to be able to take and give directions from and to others.
- Must be an independent thinker.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license. CDL is preferred and we are willing
- Regular and predictable attendance.